Wednesday, August 24, 2011

DO YOU!

"You can't let other people tell you who you are. You have to decide that for yourself." ~unknown
Hey positive people! This post is going to be a short but sweet one. I think the majority of us have spent a fair amount of our lives trying to be this image of ourselves that we think others want to see. We've often felt that we need to look, talk and even walk a certain way to please other people. Well, after 29 years of living on this earth, I've come to the conclusion that I refuse to change anything about myself in order to try and please other people. I'll give you several reasons why. 

The first reason being, YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE! If this is truly your goal, give it up now because it's an impossible task to accomplish. Why? Because of my second reason, which is no matter what you do, not everyone is going to like you, and vise-versa. But you know what? That's okay! Really! It is! I know we would all like to live in this "perfect" world of everyone loving each other but that's just not reality. I'm not trying to breed any negativity by saying this, but it's the truth. And you don't necessarily have to like a person's personality to get along with them. All "getting along" takes is common courtesy and consideration for others feelings and that should be possible for everyone to do if they try. And the third and final reason why I refuse to change anything about myself in order to try and please other people is I have to be free to be me! I refuse to let anyone make me feel like not being me is okay.

As the quote above says, "You can't let other people tell you who you are. You have to decide that for yourself." So I say, DO YOU! You can pretend and be an okay someone else, but you can let the true you shine and be an awesome you! So embrace yourself for who you are! DO YOU! Why not? No one can do you better!

2 comments:

  1. Love your positive attitude. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super late on responding but thanks Jenn! :)

    ReplyDelete